We believe CrossFit is elite fitness for everyone – from those merely interested in general fitness to well-trained athletes. CrossFit truly prepares you for any situation in your daily life.
CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program with constantly varied workouts with the goal is to improve your overall fitness. Workouts are typically short—20 minutes or less—and intense, demanding all-out physical exertion. They combine movements that encompass our 10 fitness principles such as sprinting, rowing, jumping, climbing, weightlifting, and so on. These elements are mixed in numerous combinations to form “Workouts of the Day” or “WODs”. By tracking each workout, you will literally see your fitness improve.
Ten Fitness Principles
At Hoosier CrossFit, we promote ten general physical skills on a regular basis.
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.