(Formerly Competitor WOD) These workouts include a greater degree of intensity and complexity compared to the general CrossFit Classes. You’ll improve your technical skills within gymnastics, Olympic lifting, plyometrics, sprinting, etc. If you’ve been with HCF for a while, already coming 4-5 classes per week, you may be looking to take your fitness to the next level; this is an excellent option.
Pre-requisits: You must test into CrossFit Performance. Once a month, there is a small group registration on the last Sunday of every month at 4pm for free (your first try, $25 for each attempt afterwards). If you cannot attend these sessions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a private session for $50. In Mindbody, find the last Sunday and register under the “Specialty Classes” tab. Below is what you’ll be tested on and you must pass all. (Master’s division will use female scaling).
A1. OHS: 1 rep at .75xBW
A2. Shoulder press.: 1 rep at .75xBW
A3. Yoke Carry: Males 100#/Females 60# and carry a certain distance
B1. Pistols: 5 per leg (10 total)
B2. HShold: 60 seconds on wall
B3. pushups: 40 unbroken
B4. Box Jump: Males 30″ height/ females 24″
C1. Double-under: 50 unbroken
C2. Bear complex: 1 round (males 115lbs/females 75lbs)
(dead lift, hang power clean, front squat, push press, back squat, push press in an unbroken barbell complex)
C3. Jackie: 1000m row, 50 thrusters (45#), 30 kipping pull-ups, (Males sub 10/females sub 12)
Once you’re tested in, below are the requirements:
- You need to arrive at least 15-20 minutes early so you are already warmed up, mobilized, and ready for training at the start of class. Accountability here is KEY!
- Performance classes will be available 4 days a week: MW at 4:45pm, T/TH at 7:15pm. You can come to all 4. When you cannot attend, register for general CrossFit classes.
- We encourage you to sign up for at least 1 competitions per year. It’s not required but would help you reflect on your strengths and weaknesses to maintain goal-setting.
- When you are working with the others in your class, you are on a team with them. You must show teamwork, spirit, and provide hope when the going gets tough.
- If you lack accountability within your warm up/mobility, inconsistent schedule, or lack team spirit, CrossFit Performance may not be for you.
Class Sign in: CrossFit Performance classes are noted in the Specialty Classes tab in Mindbody.