CrossFit Endurance is an endurance sports training program dedicated to improving endurance running potential. With careful programming and consistent technical improvement within pose running, you will decrease recovery time, reduce injury, preserve lean tissue and create a more sustainable performance curve.
Coach Kyle is the instructor for this 6-week program. When you choose the registration button, you will sign up for the class beginning May 5, 2013. Classes will meet weekly on Sundays at 4pm for 6 weeks. Attendance is expected for all 6 weeks, as it will develop your foundational running skills. Missed classes are not reimbursed and will not transfer to future classes.
• Increased cardiovascular function
• Decreased body fat
• Increased muscle mass
• Increased strength
• Increased power
• Increased speed
• Increased anaerobic capacity
A TYPICAL CLASS
- Warm up: The warm up is intended to get the body ready for an intense experience.
Dynamic Range of Motion Exercise, specific skill work, warm up/ramp up of weight and intensities. The shorter the workout, the longer the warm up.
- Skill training: Everything you do should involve technique training, warm up, and cool down based on the movements you are performing. There is more work involved here than just lacing up your shoes and running 2-3 hrs at a time.
- Workout of the Day: Our workouts always will be based around 1. Mechanics 2. Consistency. 3. Intensity/Volume. Expect to hone your skills of correct run form, practicing these mechanics through skills and drills and then finishing with a run based on these skills and drills worked on for that specific day.
- Cool Down: gentle exercise can help return your breathing back to normal, plus help repair your muscles for the next session.
CrossFit Endurance is 1 hour in length, begins on time, and class sizes are limited, which increases personal attention given by the coach. Working out with a group of people, you will find yourself motivated to push harder and achieve more than you would on your own.