Run 5:00 (2:30 out/2:30 back), 2:30 Rest,
6:00 (3 out/3 back), 3:00 Rest,
7:00 (3:30/3:30 back), Done
*Goal is to keep a consistent pace to be able to travel back same distance in the amount of time/distance it takes you to go out. Write down which lamp post you make it to each of the 3 intervals.
Before every workout, the coaches ensure all members are instructed on proper technique.
A. Pullup/Tire flip skill work.
B. In teams of 2:
1 min on x 1 min off x 5 rounds:
20 min total, including rest.
1 min: Max reps pullups- working 1 partner at a time, switch out whenever needed.
1 min rest
1 min: Max reps tire flip- Partners Flip back and fourth to each other.
1 min rest
*post total reps completed of pullups and tire flips + combined score.
Almost every class, Erin comes with her kids. With our new CrossFit Kids program starting in August, they will be able to workout like mom! Find the Kids’ page under programs to learn more.
AMRAP 20 min:
5 per leg, 10 total front rack lunges (65/95#)
10 Thrusters (65/95#)
*Scale to 30 DU/ 90 SU
A. Deadlift mechanics/setup/touch and go.
B. For time:
21 Deadlifts (155/225#, same # used for Diane), 400m. Run
15 Deadlifts, 400m. Run
9 Deadlifts, 400m. Run
To see Diane results click here
Sat. June 27.
8a-10a: Open Gym.
10a-11a: Olympic Lifting: Clean and Jerk.
1030a: FREE CF Kids!
11a: FREE community workout!
Sun. June 28. Possible Open Gym- TBA (facebook)
A. Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
B. Nutrition Preparation
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
C. Mental Restoration
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.
A. Snatch skill work.
B. 1-3 Snatch from knee: EMOM x 15
*add weight ~EOM.
As weight progresses, decrease reps. Build to a mod-heavy snatch for the day.
Raphael working on handstand pushups in the 4:15pm class.
100m. Run, 10 Handstand pushup
100m. Run, 9 HSPU
100m. Run, 8 HSPU…
continuing through until 1 HSPU.
*utilize skill work from last week and scale accordingly with piked HSPU/box/wall- no more than 2 abmats.
Jeigh working on wallball in today’s WOD.
AMRAP 15 min:
50 Wallball (14# 9′, 20# 10′)
*scale the DU to 1/2 if you struggle with DU, otherwise do 3x SU (150)
June 24, 2015 Results
Seann working on the clean and jerk in the 4:15pm class.
A. Clean and jerk skill work
B. 3 Rounds for time:
7 Chest-bar pullups (use enough assistance to touch clavicle to the bar)
7 Clean and Jerks (145/205#) ~75% of last weeks 1rm clean and jerk.
*can be a power clean + push jerk as well.
** click here to see last weeks results