3 rounds for time:
21 Wallballs (14# 9′, 20# 10′)
EMOM x 10:
odd min: 5 strict pullups*.
even min: 5 strict dips
*overhand, underhand, narrow overhand, switch, switch.
“Taking a recovery day doesn’t mean you are to do absolutely nothing. The point of a recovery day is to recover from your training in not only the physical aspect, but also as a much-needed mental break…..Active recovery focuses on completing a workout at a low intensity, but just high enough that it gets the blood moving and helps reduce residual fatigue in the muscle. “
What Does Active Recovery Actually Mean?
Every 3 min x 36 min: (3 rounds)
1. Easy row- concentrating on stroke rating and breathing.
2. Sled push- walking pace with light-mod load.
3. Crossover symmetry.
4. KB farmers carry. light-mod load, resting bells at each width of room.
Use Data from last week.
Beg: 5 rounds, each for time, with exactly 3 min rest between rounds.
5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 situps, 25 squats
Int: 5 rounds, each for time, with exactly 3 min rest between rounds.
10 pullups, 20 pushups, 30 situps, 40 squats
Adv: 5 rounds, each for time, with exactly 3 min rest between rounds.
20 pullups, 30 pushups, 40 situps, 50 squats
Sat. April 18.
NO classes- Masters Invitational 2015.
Come out and support your HCF and other Masters competitors!
Sun. April 19.
8:20p- HCF Softball game at Twin Lakes
A. Back Squat 2-2-2-2-2
Find a heavy 2rm, begin around 60-65% of 1 rm and increase with good positioning.
*warmup with back squats for 3-5 reps until they reach 60-65%, then begin working sets.
Goal would be to hit 90%+ for a double.
B. Tabata Pushups. 20 on x 10 off x 8 rounds.
*All out on every round! No sandbagging, post H/L score as well as total reps.
1. light-moderate load sled push- walking pace, but moving the entire 2 min.
2. 30-45 seconds of UB heavy russian KB swings (fluid swings with each breath) *walk remainder of 2 min.
3. Farmers Carry width of room, rest at each width of room- mod-heavy load KB.
4. Crossover symmetry: 1-3 movements x 5-8 reps of each.