Sat. May 24.
On Saturday, May 24th, 2014 Hoosier CrossFit will host the 4th Annual Mighty Murph Challenge as a fundraising event for the American Red Cross Heroes Campaign. (Register by May 9 to guarantee a Tee) American Red Cross provides services for the public and military families in need. Our donations are directly given to our local chapter in Monroe County!
If you watched the movie or read “The Lone Survivor” you’ll realize this measly little workout is nothing in comparison to the brutal unknown that our soldiers encounter. Hoosier CrossFit designed the Mighty Murph Challenge not only to help bring awareness and support for the American Red Cross, but to memorialize all the Heroes that risk their lives for our us.
Mini-Murph: (for Beginners) (begins ~ 9am) 800 m. run, 50 pull-ups, 100 pushups, 150 squats, 800 m. run
Murph: (for intermediates-advanced) (begins ~ 10am) 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, 1 mile run( partition as needed )
TEAM Murph: (for beginner-intermediate-advanced) a team of 2 will run together and share the pullups, pushups, and squats.
Mighty Murph: (for advanced) 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 1 mile run, 200 pushups, 1 mile run, 300 squats (begins ~ 1pm)
TEAM Mighty Murph: (for intermediate – advanced) a team of 2 will run together and share the pullups, pushups, and squats.
Sun. May 25.
NO class/open gym- REST DAY
A. Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
B. Nutrition Preparation
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your body.
C. Mental Restoration
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.