Goal setting is used by top-level athletes, successful business-people and achievers in all fields. Setting goals gives you long-term vision and short-term motivation. It focuses your acquisition of knowledge, and helps you to organize your time and your resources so that you can make the very most of your life. Goal setting
Mobility: Snatch prep: wall squat + barbell keg drill
WOD: Oly-Lifting progressions (Snatch)
1. Burg Warmup: down-up, scarecrow, muscle snatch
2. Snatch lands: 2”, 6” , full squat.
3. Snatch skill transfer: Snatch pushpress, OHS, pressing SN balance, Heaving SN balance, SN balance
4. High hang snatch
5. positions: floor, below knee, mid thigh, finish
If newer to the oly-lifts: continue working progressions and add light weight to parts 4 & 5.
If you already have a 1rm snatch and are proficient in movement patterns:
- 2 snatch long pull + 2 snatch push press + 2 overhead squats – 4 sets (lt. wt.)
- Power snatch + OHS + snatch (2 sec pause in bottom) – 5 sets (increasing wt.)
Katie Snatches 85% (85#) of her 1 rm